Fulbright-National Archives Heritage Science Fellowship
The Fulbright-National Archives Heritage Science Fellowship, a component of the Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program, provides an opportunity for Fulbright Slovak scholars to connect with National Archives and Record Administration scientists and experts while conducting research at the National Archives and Record Administration’s state-of-the-art Heritage Science Research and Testing Lab in College Park, Maryland. This Fellowship is made possible through a partnership between the U.S. Department of State and the National Archives and Records Administration. The award was established to support archival science education, conservation, and research. Minimum length of the grant is 5 months, maximum is 12 months.
- Slovak citizenship
- Researchers or professionals in heritage science or related technical fields
- Master’s degree is required, but Ph.D. is preferred for academic candidates or or equivalent professional experience for non-academic candidates
- Academic, professional or artistic excellence and other achievements qualifying the candidate to undertake the proposed project in the U.S.
- Proficiency in English commensurate with the project proposed
Factors affecting selection
- Preference given to candidates without substantial recent experience in the United States
- Affiliation with a Slovak higher education institution preferable
- Justification for a research/teaching project in the United States
- Professional distinction and leadership skills
- Adaptability and personal suitability of candidates who can contribute to a full and fair picture of the culture and civilization of their own country
- A willingness to return to Slovakia, build on skills gained in the United States and share knowledge at home institution and across communities
How to apply
Candidate must submit an online application. There is no need to send any documents to the Commission.
Application must include: CV, Project Statement, 3 Reference Letters, Invitation Letter from accredited U.S. institution.
The application form is designed for the whole Fulbright Program worldwide.
Application Deadline is October 15, 2021.
More information can be found here https://cies.org/fulbrightnationalarchives